I have had the immense pleasure of working with some incredibly lovely souls these past many weeks for a number of different uber-inspiring projects. I am endlessly grateful for all of this beauty ~
* Amanda Fall is the inspiring force behind Sprout ~ a gorgeous online magazine that is full to bursting with inspiring goodness. It was a pleasure being interviewed by her for the latest issue, which is the Creativity Issue. There are 60 full-color pages with art, poetry, essays, tutorials and more. Thank you Amanda!!
* I got to spend some time chatting with Ricë Freeman-Zachery last week about following our most meaningful path and she created a lovely podcast from our conversation which you can listen to right here. Here latest book is Destination Creativity: The Life-Altering Journey of the Art Retreat. Thank you Ricë!!
* All the winners of our Inspired By! Awards were announced last week. You can read about these uber-inspiring souls right here. I am currently finishing up four original collage creations for these amazing souls. Many, many thanks to the lovely Tonia Davenport for making this happen!
* I am adding the final touches to my contribution to 21 Secrets, which kicks off in less than two weeks! The creative doors will open wide Sunday, April 1st. Register here and learn the tricks of the trade from 21 extraordinary artists, including yours truly. Thank you Connie Hozvicka for making this an absolutely delightful experience!
* I had the joy of interviewing Lisa Occhipinti ~ author of The Repurposed Library: 33 Craft Projects That Give Old Books New Life ~ a while back for Somerset Studio, and a beautiful portfolio of images from her colorful work/living space is now on the newsstands along with the highlights of our discussion. And did you know? She recently unveiled a brand new website! Thank you so much Lovely Lisa!
* Lisa and I are both featured in the current issue of Studios magazine ~ a gorgeous collection of intimate peeks into the creative spaces of all kinds of artistic souls.
* Britt Bravo reached out to me earlier this year on behalf of the Arts & Healing Network (AHN), and she recently posted our podcast interview on their website. She was wonderful to work with, and I love what the AHN is doing. Here's the scoop on the 2012 AHN Awards and their call for nominations ~
Every year the Arts & Healing Network gives out awards celebrating healing artists. This year we are expanding our award program, offering two rounds of nominations - in each round 1-4 artists will receive $5000 each. We would love to get your help in finding these artists by nominating yourself or someone you know. ROUND ONE is an Open Call for Artists Using Art to Heal. Nominations must be submitted by May 15, 2012. To make a nomination or to learn more, please click here.
ROUND TWO is called Honoring the Next Generation of Healing Artists, and is open to artists using art to heal who are between the ages of 18 and 35 years old. Nominations are due by September 15, 2012. To make a nomination or to learn more, please click here.
"We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures." ~ Thornton Wilder